When the summer heat starts to hit, Angelic Air urges you to be sure to take all the precautions you can when it comes to dealing with the heat this summer. Many times, Floridians are so used to the heat they grit and bear it, unknowingly putting themselves in harm as the hot and humid weather reaches it’s peak.
So with that, we’ve put together some really great tips for you to keep cool and stay safe in the summer!
– Be sure to try and keep your thermostat at 78 degrees or higher. Every degree below 78 will increase the electric costs on your bill by as much as 6-7%!
– Replace and check air and ventilation filters every month during the summer. This will keep the amount of foreign agents getting into your home and causing you problems.
– If you’re leaving the house for more than 4 hours, turn the unit off or set to to 85 degrees or higher to increase savings.
– Have your ceiling fans running in occupied rooms only.
– Ensure your attic is properly insulated and your ducts aren’t leaking any cool air!
– Turn off any unnecessary lighting and be sure to have as many CFL bulbs as possible.
– Lower your water heater thermostat to 120 degrees and turn it off if you’re leaving home for a few days.
When it comes to the heat, safety is important.
Did you know that Angelic Air offers more energy-saving programs than any other locally owned air conditioning and heating servicing company in the area?